Home Brewing Course | Online
Would you like to brew delicious coffee at home? Are you interested in filter coffee specifically, and want explore different brew methods to find the best one for you? Join this interactive online course for a brewing session covering immersion, pour over and hybrid brewers and technique.
In this course we will focus on understanding the fundamentals of what it takes to make delicious brewed coffee, learning how to work to a recipe and the influence grind size and brew time have on your cup. Our trainer will teach brewing technique using a French Press, V60 and Aeropress, while you follow along on the equipment you have at home.
We will send out a V60 brewer and freshly roasted coffee ahead of the course, so you can follow along with the pour over brewing session. If you have a French Press and Aeropress you can brew along with them too, but this is optional and you can just follow along by watching the sessions if you like. We will also have time to chat about coffee, brewers and any other questions you may have.
You will receive 350g of filter coffee, freshly roasted by Square Mile Coffee Roasters, in the post ahead of your course. You will also receive a plastic two-cup V60 brewer and 10 filter papers, to get you started. We will post the Training Pack one week before your course.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please read this page about international shipping before booking your course from outside of the UK.
Online Course and Live Video Session
The course is divided into two parts: an optional Online Course and one practical Live Video Session. You gain access to the Online Course and our Learning Platform upon making your booking. Here we will introduce you to the theory behind filter brewing and demonstrate some of the practical skills you'll use during this course. Taking part in the Online Course is optional, but we recommend looking through it before the practical Live Video Session starts.
The Live Video Session will take place over two and half hours, and during this session we will cover the practical and interactive elements of the course, under guidance from our trainer.
Duration & Attendees
- 1 x Live Video Session at 2.5 hours
- Estimated 15 minutes spent working through the Online Course
- Maximum 4 students
- You will receive a V60 brewer ahead of this course (French Press and Aeropress are optional pieces of equipment)
- We strongly recommend using a gram scale (it doesn't need to be fancy, just something your V60 and cup or jug can fit on to)
- A grinder is not necessary for this course as we'll send out pre-ground coffee, but it's a piece of equipment that will improve your home brewing instantly
- A way to film your brew station while you’re working, like having a computer with a webcam facing your table