SCA Online Exams
As of the 20th August 2019 The Speciality Coffee Association (SCA) will be adjusting the written assessment format for Introduction To Coffee and Foundation courses to ensure that the international education program is both current and relevant to the learner. Below are the steps to take when signing up for the certification process:
1. The student will purchase an Introduction To Coffee or Foundation Certification through our website.
2. Sign up as a learner through the SCA website to create an account and receive a learner number. This is a free of charge service and you will need this number to obtain your certificate (please bring this number with you on the day).
3. After completion of the course, the learner will take the practical exam in our training centre and if successful, will receive an email within 5 days that includes a link to move onto the online written exam.
4. The learner has 21 calendar days to take the exam twice. The 21st day is called the Exam Expiration Date. The Exam Expiration Date and Time is noted under the 'written exams' section on the learner profile.
5. Once you have passed your written exam, you will be notified immediately of your results and we are sent the information to request your certificate. You will be notified once your certificate is available to download from your SCA account.
You will find more information and SCA educational updates here.
Note: SCA recommends the learner take the online written exam on a computer, rather than a tablet or phone. The full functionality of the online exam is not enabled on all tablets and phones so the learner's ability to take the exam may be compromised.