SCA Online Exams
As of the 20th August 2019 The Speciality Coffee Association (SCA) has started adjusting the written assessment format for SCA exams, to ensure that the international education program is both current and relevant to the learner. For Introduction To Coffee and Foundation courses the Written Exams are now taken online, and Intermediate courses will follow on the 20th January 2020.
Below are the steps to take when signing up for SCA Certification:
- Start with purchasing an SCA Introduction To Coffee, Foundation or Intermediate Certification through our website. This pays for the SCA Exam(s) and following SCA Certificate.
- Sign up as a Learner through the SCA website to create an SCA account and receive your Learner number. This is free of charge and you will need this number to obtain your SCA Certificate. Please bring this number with you on the day of your course.
- After completion of the course, you will take the Practical Exam in our training centre and if successful, your Written Exam invitation will be sent out to you by the SCA within the next 5 days. This includes a link to access the online written exam. Please note: if you are attending an SCA Introduction to Coffee course you will go straight to the Written Exam, as there is no Practical Exam for this course.
- You then have 21 calendar days to take the online Written Exam and you are allowed two attempts to pass this exam. The 21st day is called the Exam Expiration Date and you can find the Exam Expiration Date and Time under the ‘Written Exams' section in your SCA account.
- Once you have passed your Written Exam, you will be notified immediately of your results and we are sent the information to request your SCA Certificate. You will be notified by the SCA when your SCA Certificate is available to download from your SCA account.
You will find more information and SCA educational updates here.
Note: the SCA recommends the Learner take the online Written Exam on a computer, rather than a tablet or phone. The full functionality of the online exam is not enabled on all tablets and phones so the Learner's ability to take the exam may be compromised.