SCA Course and Certification Process
Before attending your SCA course with us
Before attending your course you’ll need to sign up as a Learner and pay the Course Enrollment Fee to the SCA. Please follow the steps below to sign up and make your payment:
- If you’re not already registered as a Learner with the SCA, follow this link to register for your Learner account. This is free of charge.
- Once you have your Learner number, fill in your details on our website here: Registering for SCA Courses
- Within a week you’ll receive an email from the SCA inviting you to enrol on the course via the SCA website. Upon accepting this invitation you’ll receive another email from the SCA with a payment link for the Course Enrollment Fee.
- Make sure you pay the Course Enrollment Fee ahead of your course, as otherwise there might be issues with your SCA exams and certification.
- For Barista Skills Foundation Students, the fee needs to be paid before attending your in-person session.
Please make sure to read through the 'SCA Online Exam Policies and Learner Rights' before attending your course, and contact us if you have any questions.
Taking the practical and written exams
- You’ll take the practical exam in our training centre on the last day of your course.
- Upon passing your practical exam, your written exam invitation will be emailed to you by the SCA within the next 5 days. This includes a link to access the online written exam along with all necessary information.
- If you’re attending an Introduction to Coffee or Foundation Level course, you’ll go straight to the written exam, as there are no practical exams for these courses.
- When you’ve received your written exam invitation you have 21 calendar days to take the exam, and you’re allowed two attempts to pass.
- If, for whatever reason, you don’t pass the written exam on your first attempt, please contact us before completing your second and final attempt. Our trainers will be happy to clarify any course topics and what to revise before you re-sit the exam.
Receiving your SCA Certificate
- When you’ve passed your written exam your SCA Certificate will be available to view and download on your SCA Learner account.
You can find more information about the SCA and Certification on our website here.
Please note: the SCA recommends that the Learner takes the online written exam on a computer, rather than a tablet or phone. The full functionality of the online exam is not enabled on all tablets and phones so the Learner's ability to take the exam may be compromised.